Sound, robust and efficient recruitment procedures are often a critical determinant of the success of Companies in the achievement of their growth and development targets. PSM manage recruitment processes at all levels of role, typically, we were recently instructed by a long standing client in the recruitment of a senior IT role. PSM managed the process drafting a job description and person specification and developing competencies, to drafting advertisements, co-ordinating and overseeing competency based interview selection processes, through to the offer stage at a modest cost to the client. By understanding the clients business, vacancy and organisational culture, PSM were able to minimise the time required by line management on the recruitment process, thereby enabling the management team to concentrate on their key operational responsibilities. The process involved:
- Preparing the job description and person specification for the role.
- Assessing the key competencies required for the role.
- Preparing telephone interview questions and face to face selection materials.
- Placing online advertisements and managing the response.
- Logging and screening all CVs (over 100 in this case).
- Short listing candidates for telephone interview.
- Conducting telephone interviews and short listing candidates for the 2nd stage of the process.
- Conducting face to face interviews at our site.
- Conducting final interviews with the best 2 candidates at the client site with the line manager.
- Negotiating terms and conditions of the offer.
Where appropriate, PSM have negotiated Preferred Supplier Agreements (PSA’s) to obtain preferential discounted rates with a number of local, national and specialist recruitment agencies. These rates are typically 25% – 50% lower than an individual company would be offered by an agency, so therefore by working with PSM to source candidates’ for a vacancy, you can combine:
- increased efficiency and professionalism of the process
- minimising line management involvement & preventing distraction from operational responsibilities, & finally
- reduced recruitment costs either directly through PSM or through our PSA Partners